And the Dream began.....

And the Dream began... I can remember my very first sailboat as if it were yesterday...the shiny, bright red hull, the brilliant white sail that could blind you in the afternoon sun as it danced across the water. I loved that boat and would have done anything to keep it safe. Even fall off the dock and almost drown...but that was many moons ago and I was only 3. Thank goodness for a quick dad! My pride and joy and I were both safe and lived to sail another day. There have been many more loves in my life since that wonderful week on Keuka Lake and a good a share of them have been the sailing variety. So I guess that it was only natural that over time the dream to sail around the world would become a passion. I am very lucky that the man in my life, my husband Gar, has humored me in following this dream. We are getting there and hope to set sail once we retire but the journey has been fun. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nantucket Beach Walk

Nantucket Beach Walk
Date: June 27, 2011
Location: Nantucket Island, Massachusetts
LatLong: 41.28613N, 70.09793W
Website: http://www.nantucketchamber.org/

 
IMG_3649
Don’t leave without me!!  The ferry ride from Martha’s Vineyard over to Nantucket is wonderful.
IMG_3659
My little flying friend was headed over too.
IMG_3673
I love coming into a new harbor.  So many new things to see and places to explore.
IMG_3686
Just love a light house too!!
IMG_3716
Doesn’t this just scream New England with the wonderful white steeple reaching to the heavens!
IMG_3718
Beautiful old wooden boats
IMG_3725
These aren’t bad either.  Beautiful harbor with the grey cedar shakes and white trim.  Love it!
IMG_3804
Okay, buoys and gulls, Back to Work!!!
IMG_3755
Looks pretty good for a “Sunken Ship”.
IMG_3797
Vintage Nantucket
IMG_3815
This one too!
IMG_3729
Looks like this Island could really be Easy Street!!  Want to meet me there??
Till next time, don’t forget to relax and get some sand between your toes!

IMG_1725_thumb15 
Santé,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you have enjoyed the visit! Come back soon..