And the Dream began.....

And the Dream began... I can remember my very first sailboat as if it were yesterday...the shiny, bright red hull, the brilliant white sail that could blind you in the afternoon sun as it danced across the water. I loved that boat and would have done anything to keep it safe. Even fall off the dock and almost drown...but that was many moons ago and I was only 3. Thank goodness for a quick dad! My pride and joy and I were both safe and lived to sail another day. There have been many more loves in my life since that wonderful week on Keuka Lake and a good a share of them have been the sailing variety. So I guess that it was only natural that over time the dream to sail around the world would become a passion. I am very lucky that the man in my life, my husband Gar, has humored me in following this dream. We are getting there and hope to set sail once we retire but the journey has been fun. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

We are off!!!

Highlights of Week 1
Can’t believe that we are actually on our way.  The Star Princess departed San Francisco on the evening of December 5th, final destination Buenos Aires, Argentina. 
IMG_0254

Mexico, Cabo San Lucas
First stop, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Saturday, December 8th.  Beautiful scenery, cold beer and good food.  This could be fun!! Some really amazing scenery in Cabo.  Even had a private boat tour from a local gentleman.

Chef's Table Dinner
On December 9th, we were very fortunate to be able to participate in the Chef’s Table.  5 couples, the head chief Brent Waterson, Maître de Rui Pederio, Sommelier Stefano.  Started with marvelous appetizers and champagne after a galley tour.  Then it was on to the main dining room and a most awesome dinner with beautiful wines.  We were the last table to leave and they had to roll us out. 
Guatemala, Puerto Quetzal
Tuesday, December 11th found us leading into Guatemala.  The ceviche was awesome!  And I was a little surprised to find this cute little port of Puerto Quetzal .  We didn’t have any tours planned so this was our only option and it was a good one.  Nice waterfront restaurant and the vendors were subdued.  That I like.
Week one has been wonderful. The verdict is still out on cruising but it has been a very interesting week.

To see more photos of the ports of call just click the red port to visit "Dreamchaser Travels" at Shutterfly.

San Francisco to Puerto Quetzal - 2,459 Nautical Miles

Until next time…..Sante!

Shirley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you have enjoyed the visit! Come back soon..